Thursday, February 7, 2013

Everyday Adventures

Being a farmer, teacher, daycare provider, wife, cook, mom of 3 crazy boys and Boy-scout Den Mother means that every day is FULL of great adventures.  I get up, get dressed and arm myself with prayer and a strong cup of coffee.  I love what I have been given and the trials and joys that those in my life bring.  Every day is full..... I just never know what it will be full of!
giant mud puddles in our front yard

Chicken Butchering

making super hero costumes 

Boy-Scout days

baby sheep, chicks, pigs, goat.... you just never know

dirty boys and great veggies 

camping trips

silly faces, but they're clean

good food



On this morning I woke up, to  3 scientist in my kitchen! They each had on their chosen "safety gear".  Hunter had goggles, Alex had an apron and snow gloves and Jimmy had a magnifying glass (at least one eye would be safe).  What had woken me up was the sound of the microwave going, never good that early in the morning.  They were making fossils and had microwaved the plaster of paris and water.   Thankfully now we all know that plaster of paris does not blow up when heated in a microwave.  They made dinosaur fossils that day.... in their safety gear and underwear!

1 comment: