
For my birthday last year I was sent a wonderful magazine, Mary
Jan's Farm, from my favorite aunt.
It is a fun, country girls, sit on your front porch and read kind of
magazines, even the ads are great!
Anyway... there were stories of girls camping in cute little trailers
adorned with lace and cowgirl boots.
What they are doing has a name: Glamping!
Glamorous camping: Satisfying your craving for the outdoors and your penchant for a good meal, nice glass of wine, and a comfortable bed.
Oh, that’s for me I thought.
Turns out I’m not the only one.
There are groups of girls going out together Glamping and having
fun! First things first, I need my glamorous
abode. It just can’t be anything. The research
I did suggest I needed a vintage trailer.
I wanted one I could fix up, but
not too much, and make my own. We
thought it would be fun to have a trailer that the boys and I could use when
camping and vacationing. It took a few
months but last fall we found just what we were looking for! I couldn’t believe
it! It was a great price, $400, a great year and model, 1964 Shasta, and has a
shower and stove! We drove and got her,
brought her home and have been slowly getting her ready for Glamping and wherever
this next year takes us.
I have been pondering on a name for my little glamper. I think I have found it: Spring Roll.
Ya, I know, it’s something you eat.
But, I love spring rolls. If I
had to choose a last meal, spring rolls would be on the list. Plus, she looks like one! Here she is.
Oh, and for more info on Glamping, these are my favorite
sites and book:
Glamping with MaryJane: Glamour + Camping [Book]
![]() |
| This is what she will look something like when we have finished her makeover. |
This is what Spring Roll looks like now. This is while we were camping this past summer. That's Spring Roll on the right.

No comments:
Post a Comment